About Young Researchers Symposium
The Young Researchers Symposium Call for Papers
The Young Researchers Symposium is a forum for young professionals to publish and present their original research on Asia. The Symposium is hosted annually by the Council on Asian Affairs and provides a unique public forum for professionals to present their research and get feedback from peers in the field. Submissions for the 2016 Symposium should focus on a single defense, political, economic, or humanitarian topic related to Asia.
- Paper length: No less than 2,500 words and no more than 5,000 words (Times New Roman, 12 point font)
- Submissions must be an original piece of work, but do not need to be written specifically for the Young Researchers Symposium. Past graduate work, previously published articles, or personal on-going written work are all acceptable submissions.
- Citations should be in Chicago Turabian style
- Please submit papers to email@example.com in PDF and Word format with Young Researchers Symposium in the Subject Line
- Please see our website for examples of past submissions from 2014 & 2015 finalists
- Papers will be reviewed by three panelists: two editors, and one academic
- Three finalists will be selected
- Finalists are expected to present their papers at the Young Researchers Symposium in late May and will have their papers published
- Presentation length: between 7-10 minutes
- Powerpoint is prohibited
- Presenters will be expected to take Q&A immediately following the presentation
For questions and inquiries, please contact Olivia Enos or Riley Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org